Life as a parent is fulfilling but can also be very chaotic. Wonder how can you make your life as a parent simpler without compromising on the needs of your children? Look no further than the parenting hacks below.
Most importantly, you can do most of these without spending additional money. Without further ado….
1. Hot glue the annoying hole in a bath toy. No more disgusting gunky mold brewing inside the toy!
2. Sew a black button on each of two pieces of round felt fabrics then stick it onto a hair scrunchie. Then, loop around your camera lens to capture the best children’s pictures!
3. Stick a popsicle through a cupcake liner and voila, mess free snacking.
4. Put a few pieces of papers and some colouring pencils in an old DVD case and there you have it, a cheap art kit 🙂
5. Bulk make and freeze peanut butter and jam sandwiches (or other flavours) in individual freezer bags and just let one out in the fridge to thaw overnight before school day. You’ll never have to wake up early to pack for school meals ever again.
6. Draw a simple table on your kids’ medicine bottle to keep track on how many times you’ve fed them. Never missed a dosage anymore!
7. Have a dedicated bottle of “monster repellent” to scare away “monsters”. Well, the kids don’t have to know it’s just plain tap water 😉
8. Potty training? Tired of cleaning up after your toddler? Use one of your thin sanitary pads, which makes for a seamless transition from diaper to no-diaper!
9. Still on the topic of potty training…put a target inside your toilet bowl so that your kid could learn to aim. You could even put a ping pong as target practice.
10. Instead of your walls, give a kid a large cardboard box for his or her creative outlet! No more mess, no more expensive clean-up!
11. Forget all the fussy and expensive baby proofing locks. All you need is a long ruler or a stick to keep all your drawers locked 😉
12. Want your kids to snack on ice cream but find it difficult to get healthy alternatives? Make your own by putting sticks into fruit yogurt pots, then freezing them. You could also mix plain yogurt with your own fruit purees and freeze them in popsicle molds.
13. Ain’t nobody got time to wash hair. Fear not, baby talcum powder to the rescue! It is actually a great alternative to dry shampoo. Just shake some onto one section of your hair and gently comb your hair through with your fingers. Repeat with the rest of your hair.
By the way, if you enjoyed this article, please help make our day and like our Facebook page!